The Kiowa County Clerk serves many vital functions for the county. The varied duties the office performs include the following:
- Serve as the official secretary for the County Commission. Official meeting minutes can be found here.
- Process Accounts Payable and Payroll for all county departments.
- Maintain personnel files for county employees.
- Certify tax valuations to the state.
- Prepare and Audit the county’s annual budget.
- Oversee elections held within the county and certify the results to the state.
- Sell hunting and fishing licenses for the Kansas Fish and Game.
While the list gives a general idea of the Clerk’s duties, each item is itself comprised of many complex individual tasks that the Clerk and her officers perform swiftly and professionally.